Edited by John Joseph Adams
NightShade Books, 2008.
This zombie anthology received a starred review from Publishers Weekly. PW also named it one of the best books of 2008. HorrorScope called it "...absolutely the best zombie anthology" and a must read for anyone who has even a vague interest in zombie fiction.
Readers recommend getting the paperback version and NOT the Kindle version. Some readers note that stories may be missing from the Kindle version of this book. This may have been corrected since. You'll want to check the Kindle version's table of contents to be sure.
I can see why it had such a positive reception. Some of the top horror and fantasy writers contributed stories to the collection.
- Stephen King "Home Delivery" (also in Nightmares and Dreamscapes)
- Clive Barker "Sex, Death, and Starshine"
- Neil Gaiman "Bitter Grounds"
- George R. R. Martin "Meathouse Man"
- Harlan Ellison and Robert Silverberg "The Song the Zombie Song"
- Poppy Z. Brite "Calcutta, Lord of Nerves"
- Sherman Alexie "Ghost Dance"