Zombie Author Chrissy Peebles

Zombie Author Chrissy Peebles

Chrissy Peebles is the author of the Zombie Chronicles  series.  There are four books in the series so far, with a fifth book planned for release later this year.

The Zombie Chronicles
Book 1: Apocalypse Infection Unleashed
Book 2: Race for the Cure
Book 3: Deadly City
Book 4: Poisonous Serum
Peebles also has a story included in Darlings of Decay.

About Chrissy Peebles


Chrissy Peebles lives in southwestern Ohio with her husband and two young children. The family pets include hamsters and cats. By day, she is a nurse. Her job requires her to “give injections, pass out medications to fifty people, talk to doctors, and try to stay sane on a very busy floor.” Ms. Peebles might seem an ordinary Little-League mom, taking her kids to soccer, basketball, and baseball events. She's far from ordinary.

After all the responsibilities of the day, she began practicing her love of storytelling by creating bedtime stories for her kids. They enjoyed the stories, and always wanted more. So, as she puts it, her “overeager imagination” spilled out in the form of her first novel. This, unfortunately, was not a zombie book.

Chrissy Peebles is a relatively new zombie author. She wrote the first Zombie Chronicles book in July of 2012. A longtime lover of the fantasy genre, she decided to take a break from that and try writing something new. To learn more, visit

What Makes Chrissy Peebles Unique?

I asked Ms. Peebles for her thoughts on this, and she said:  "What makes me different from other zombie writers is this: Not only do I write horror but I also write adult paranormal romance, young adult fantasy, and other fantasy genres." 

That may be true. However, her descriptions of her zombie writing sparkle with genuine enthusiasm for the zombie genre.
"Out of everything I’ve ever written, I have to say zombies are my favorite! I’m such a zombie buff. I’ve always watched films and have always been engrossed in them. I loved zombies because they scared me to death as they pursued their victims on screen…devouring them one painful bite at a time. Yipes!

Where did my inspiration come from? It came from my desire to share my overactive imagination…to entertain. I really loved the idea of a person trying to survive a zombie apocalypse. There's nothing better than watching a group of survivors trying to race across the countryside fending off hungry zombies. Different ideas bounced around my head for ages. I knew zombie stories were written primarily by men, but I decided to dive in headfirst anyway."
As she continued to describe her writing process, I was struck by that sparkling enthusiasm again. Several times, she mentioned her passion for imaginative stories, no matter what kinds of situations they involve. Chrissy Peebles seems to have a unique and sparkling enthusiasm that works in tandem with her writing. Perhaps it's because she has the fresh perspective that comes from venturing out toward something new.

Chrissy Peebles: Five Descriptive Links 

Chrissy Peebles