Zombie Author Ilsa J. Bick

Zombie Author Ilsa J. Bick


Ilsa J. Bick is the author of the zombie novels:
 Ashes
Shadows
A third book is in the works to complete the series.

About Ilsa J. Bick

Ilsa J. Bick, appropriately, lives very close to a cemetery. As she puts it, she likes her neighbors because "...They’re very quiet and only come around for sugar once in a blue moon."

Ilsa Bick was a practicing as a child psychiatrist for over 20 years. She has studied medicine, served in the Air Force, and consulted on several television series. Ms. Bick's sci-fi series credits include Star Trek, Battletech, Mechwarrior: Dark Age, and Shadowrun. She and her family reside in rural Wisconsin.

During her internship, she completed a rotation in the emergency room. This, very likely, has filtered through into the action sequences and character development in her works. She thrived on the experience and remembers it clearly to this day:
"Any time I did a code, threw in stitches, did an abdominal lavage, pulled out metal spikes, set bones, stopped bleeding, cut people open, sewed people up, worked a big trauma case, dealt with all manner of psychiatric patients . . . all of that. I'm sorry, but I thrived on the adrenaline and the sense of getting a job done."
You can visit her website at Ilsa J. Bick. She is also a regular contributor to ADR3NALIN3,where she offers advice to young writers. That name, ADR3NALIN3, seems oddly appropriate.

What Makes Ilsa J. Bick Unique?

Ilsa Bick has a great love for nature. Her love of nature evident throughout her life, even in the way she describes her writing office. She's always loved the outdoors. Hiking and animals are two of her favorite things.

Bick once kept an opossum in a backpack- kind of like a pet. His name was Schroeder. The opossum accompanied her on hikes and school tours of the Rock Creek National park. The time she spent there, and with the opossum, is a memorable experience for her:
"[I spent] the summer between 7th and 8th grade volunteering and shadowing my science teacher, who also happened to be an interpretive park ranger at Rock Creek in Washington, D.C. I love the outdoors; I love hiking and animals; and I became very attached to a tiny little opossum I named Schroeder, who lived in a backpack in my basement and came with me everywhere on hikes and on the job when I hung with school groups. Poor Schroeder eventually bit the dust (bad intestinal parasite), but I loved that little guy."

Ilsa J. Bick: Five Descriptive Links

Ilsa J. Bick