Zombie Author Eric A. Shelman

Zombie Author Eric Shelman


Eric A. Shelman is the author of the Dead Hunger series of zombie books:

Dead Hunger: The Flex Sheridan Chronicle
Dead Hunger II: The Gem Cardoza Chronicle
Dead Hunger III: The Chatsworth Chronicles
Dead Hunger IV: Evolution
Dead Hunger V: The Road to California



About Eric Shelman


Eric Shelman was born in Fort Worth, Texas. His family moved to California when he was 14 years old.  He later relocated to Florida, where he lives now with his wife Linda. The two have been married for 27 years.

Shelman has been writing since he was a child. He writes for two hours daily, after finishing work at his day job. His writing routine includes extra time on weekends.
"I work 8-9 hours a day, then come home and dedicated from 6:00 to 8:00 to writing. On weekends, if I'm in the middle of a project, I like to try for four hours a day. I write a consistent 1,000 words per hour, so I get in about 2000 words in a session.
Shelman's first book had notihing to do with zombies. It was the story of  Mary Ellen Wilson, a young girl who lived in New York in the 1870s. Wilson was rescued from an abusive situation by the ASPCA, which is usually associated with rescuing animals.

Only later did Shelman begin writing about zombies.

"Among the first zombie books I had ever read was Mark Tufo's Zombie Fallout - the first book in his series. SO, I'd have to say that once I was put onto zombies, he was my major influence."
The Dead Hunger books are now his most popular books. Shelman comments: "Who ever thought I'd go from my first book, a story of an abused child in 1870's New York being rescued by the ASPCA to zombies?" Find out more about the Dead Hunger zombie novels at Eric Sheman's  homepage: Eric Shelman

Follow Eric Shelman on Twitter and Facebook

What Makes Eric Shelman Unique?

Eric Shelman is quite creative. The room where he writes also contains a small music studio. He enjoys singing and creating his own recordings on YouTube
"Now that I have no band - and haven't for years - I sing to karaoke tracks and have over 280 videos posted on YouTube. Just search for Eric Shelman. From Tom Petty to Van Morrison to Bruce Springsteen to Pete Townshend."
Those YouTube videos are well-received by viewers. His cover of Van Morrison's "Brown Eyed Girl"  has over 3.5 million views.

Shelman also collects old microphones, like the one in this picture:



Eric Shelman: Five Descriptive Links



Eric A. Shelman