Zombie Author Simon Clark

Zombie Author Simon Clark

http://www.amazon.com/Blood-Crazy-Simon-Clark/dp/0843948256/?tag=juleromans-20 
Simon Clark is the author of the classic zombie novel

Blood Crazy



Simon Clark on the Web
Website: Simon Clark's Nailed By the Heart
Author Page: Simon Clark at Amazon
Social Media: Simon Clark on Twitter

About Simon Clark

Simon Clark lives in England with his wife and two children.  He was raised in a family of storytellers. Before he began to write full-time, he worked in supermarkets and offices.  He has also scripted video promotional materials, and written prose for the band U2.

Clark wrote Blood Crazy in an obsessive session, almost all at once, around 1993:
"One minute all was calm. Then with a kind of mental eruption suddenly it was there. A fiery volcano of a story that I couldn’t stop; I couldn’t shape. All I could do was let it happen. The story lava flows erupted from me for perhaps two months then as suddenly stopped. And there I had it."
His first publisher became interested in the novel as part of a two-book deal.  So Blood Crazy went to print in June of 1995. Since then, the book has remained popular.


What Makes Simon Clark Unique?

Simon Clark's Blood Crazy seems to compel its readers.  People who read the book become a little obsessed-- even Simon Clark himself has experienced this. He says he still thinks about the characters and wants to explore what happens to them.

When that story erupted from me, I think an ingredient X came with it. That ingredient X has the power to get under the reader’s skin, maybe even into their blood, and for Blood Crazy to even obsess them a little bit. I don’t what it is. I don’t know how the hell I did it. I wish I did, believe me...
Some have said they’d like to see a sequel to Blood Crazy.
I did write a sequel in my head a few Christmases ago, just for my own entertainment as I walked the dog. So, maybe. Maybe.
See the story got under my skin, too. I don’t know why. I don’t know how."
(Note from Jule: I can attest to this. Blood Crazy has captured my imagination and stayed with me ever since I read it for the first time several years ago. I would be eager to see a sequel.)

Simon Clark: Five Descriptive Links


Simon Clark